Hundreds of thousands of documents of all types - paper, emails, file attachments, faxes, etc. – may reach an enterprise business every day, especially when customers are mainly private consumers or end users. Typically, this incoming information is a mixture of known forms, semi-structured accounting documents and totally unstructured letters from customers, all appearing with either printed or handwritten text information.
A primary challenge of running satisfactory operations is processing these documents, as they are received, in a standardized and efficient way that will quickly start activities triggered by the content of these documents. Goals for efficiency may include short STP rates for incoming documents, handling daily or monthly peaks without excess additional personnel, and easy distribution of various data completion work throughout an organization.
The rich Capture Framework from ISIS Papyrus provides all the necessary out-of-the-box Capture Standard processes. Based on the powerful and meaningful Papyrus Objects Metasystem Architecture and Papyrus WebRepository infrastructure, the solution includes built-in database (Depot), Papyrus EYE GUI for Manual Verification of Recognized Data via desktop or Web Portal, interface with all types of documents and data with more than 20 available adapters. Further, innovative mechanisms like patented “User Trained Agent” (UTA) allow user-guided setup of approved Capture workflows.
The User-Role-Privilege Concept is the basis for granting each user in the system the specific rights to see, change and enter the data he/she is authorized for. The Papyrus EYE UI masks for Document handling and Data Verification are highly customizable to follow your CI standards and business requirements.
As all functions for recognition definition (Designer/FreeForm) and application definition are fully documented, your efficient data capture solution can be customized by your staff after appropriate training or by experienced ISIS Papyrus Consultants.
Typical automation rates of 60-90% allow you to improve your business from the first minute you implement ISIS Papyrus Capture.
Automated classification of incoming documents across channels
- Paper, email, Web, FTP or fax
- Self-learning system optimizes automatic classification to nearly 100% for incoming invoices
Automated reading of letters, invoices or forms with OCR/ICR
- Recognition for barcodes, plus printed and handwritten documents
- Multilingual documents and GUI support
- Manual correction mask
Three methods of page classification
- Document Sorter to combine all elements belonging to one document
High-Capacity data extraction tools
- Geometrically structured documents (“Server/FixForm”)
- Unstructured documents (“Server/FreeForm”)
Rules and processes defined in the Papyrus Desktop
- Executed by the system, including highly important dataset validations
- Workflow definition and execution for exceptions, corrections and approvals
- Authentication, authorization, auditing, encryption, HTTPS
- Digital signature PKI support
Business application, legacy system and storage integration
- Wide range of Adapters and Typemanager interfaces
- Comprehensive document and object support - MS Office, SMS, chat session, wiki pages, HTML, XML, PDF, audio, video, CAD/CAM, X-ray, photos, etc.
- Seamless integration to Papyrus WebArchive or any other third-party vendor archive
- Node-based architecture
- Enterprise-level software solution for consolidation, integration and automation of capture activities
Increased efficiency by reduction of manual classification of incoming documents across channels
- Paper, email or fax
- Invoices and bills, delivery notes, work confirmations, orders, credit notes
- Improved accuracy and customer response through automated, rules-based recognition
- Compliance for required data verifications and response guidance
- Fast implementation of processes and changes = lower cost of ownership
- ROI potential within 12-18 months
Highly automated process offers process agility and flexibility
- Same process independent of input channel type
- Applicable for central and decentralized organizations
- High level of personalization based on document or content types
- No database administrator required
- Platform and input channel independence
- Multi-platform scalability
Product Configuration: Business Document Capture
Papyrus Designer Package/Capture
Graphical definition for extracting text keywords and data fields from scanned images, e-mails, SOAP messages or faxes
- Papyrus Server/FreeForm®
Automated “machine-learning-technology”, pattern recognition, contains OCR/ICR (5 engines) and “Context Fuzzy Record Associator,” image correction, document classification, data extraction and validation, e-mail text classification, distributed archiving and automated content replication.
- Papyrus Client/Capture
Manual correction on the desktop or in the browser.
- Papyrus WebRepository
Central point of administration and maintenance, including versioning, validation, change management, user authorization, business rule definition and process management definition. Administration of document content with record management and security functionality.
- Papyrus Scan Client
Scanning of incoming mail.
- Papyrus Adapter/POP3 – MAPI, IMAP
CentE-mail receiving and handling.
- Papyrus Adapter/Fax
Receiving and handling incoming faxes.
Optional Components: Capture Integration
- Papyrus WebArchive
Stores and offers instant retrieval of indexed electronic incoming and outgoing documents, e-mails, data, voice, video and other content in many formats. Direct viewing in AFP, PDF and TIFF. Interface to third-party archives using standard adapters (XML and CMIS).
- Papyrus Adapter/LDAP
Interfacing directly via defined user roles
- Papyrus Adapter/MQ Series or SOAP Adapter
Definable messaging interface for business data. Compiler- and platform-independent.
- Papyrus Adapter/SAP XOM
Connecting and integrating business document capture solution with existing ERP system(s).