The Papyrus Designer/Capture is a self-learning, user-trained document capture solution. It specializes in supporting business capture and OCR needs during content and case-management operations, such as extracting/indexing documents in the business case (on the fly, on demand), but also lifting fields from arbitrary documents, again ad-hoc and on the fly. This is possible because the Papyrus Business Designer/Capture does not require IT-involvement, it gives all the power into the hands of the actual users (clerks) of the application.
It is natively integrated within Papyrus ACM and is fully supported by it. Any document can be extracted on the fly, regardless whether a document template has been created for it or not. Extraction definitions created by one user can be shared with other users, or entire departments, with a process similar to the ACM based change-management ISIS Papyrus has developed for its Business Correspondence Solution.
To lift a field from a document the business user just drags the text/area which is to be extracted from the document onto a pane. For its OCR/ICR/Classification capabilities the Papyrus Business Designer/Capture relies on the IDEX-Engine, also used in the Papyrus Recognition Server, which is a prerequisite for the deplyoment of Papyrus Business Designer/Capture.
- Ad-hoc creation of document templates
- Ad-hoc extension of existing document templates
- Change-Management for administration of user-created templates
- Self-learning system for document classification and document extraction (based on the Papyrus User Trained Agent (UTA))
- Appealing non-technical WYSIWYG user interface designed for the business user
- Allows automatic extraction of known document types
- Apply powerful extraction templates (address block, tables) to your document
- Make use of pre-defined complex extraction templates (e.g. address block, custom positions)
- Allows definition and creation of both simple and complex, structured elements
- Capture as a service for Adaptive Case Management (ACM) applications such as claims processing or content management
- Ad-hoc creation and extensions of document templates without IT involvement
- The Papyrus Business Designer Capture can process the following data formats:
- TIFF 6.0 or higher (also multi-page)
- JPEG and JPEG 2000
- TXT (plain text)
- PDF 1.4 or higher
- PDF/A (ISO 19005)
- Office formats:
- Standard office PC (min. 2GB RAM recommended)
- Windows Vista/7/8/10/Server 2008/Server 2012/Server 2016
- Papyrus Recognition Server