The Architectured Enterprise 2.0
The ISIS Papyrus Platform is radically different in each and every aspect. It offers a business architecture based methodology – not just an ‘open’ architecture – for process management that automatically discovers and documents any type of user interactive process performed on the entity models. The resulting transparency enables process improvement by user adaptation. Business users have to be able to understand the architecture models and can use these to create mission critical processes that link people, information, and applications across geographically distributed, organizational functions. It empowers the process owner to fulfill the strategic goals of the executive.
Business experts can now rapidly model, measure, and change processes independent of underlying application logic. Papyrus does not require additional separate rule engines or collaborative mapping layers to enable processes to dynamically adapt to changing business needs. The collaborative ISIS Papyrus Platform approach does not restrict the business users in their execution but guides them by the process definitions, monitored by business rules and measured by goal fulfillment without the need for Eclipse based integration between the different product fragments of one or multiple software vendors. Papyrus provides seamless consolidation of freely-definable process, rules, GUI, forms, inbound and outbound content objects.
Key Features of the Papyrus Platform:
- Analysis: The Papyrus Platform enables the executive to define the processes in terms of owners and their goals. Flowcharts are used for process dependencies only and not for step by step activities. Activities are auto-discovered and improved or adapted using the auto-documentation functionality of the platform.
- Modeling: ISIS Papyrus WebRepository enables the modeling of data and content entities that can be used by business users to assemble collaborative processes from application specific framework libraries. The object-relational database uniquely supports the definition of semantic relationship models.
- Infrastructure: The Papyrus Platform is a complete and encompassing application environment that not only reduces the technology stack and associated cost but also provides complete system and network monitoring.
- Integration: Papyrus consolidates the functions of process, content and customer communications management without complex SOA functionality, but provides SOA and other interfaces to integrate with ERP.
- Project Management and Deployment: The ISIS Papyrus WebRepository is the central management component that also handles all asset version control, project management and deployment processes. It also acts as a service registry (also UDDI) and user/role directory (supporting LDAP). Papyrus was designed and built around the central repository from the outset.
- Monitoring and Auditing: Management can continuously measure key performance indicators for process execution and business goal achievement. Auditing can be performed in real-time using boundary rules or by post-verification of archived process tasks.
- Process management: Processes in the Papyrus Platform are collaborative activities performed on architecture data models and content. State/event chains of execution are used rather than rigid flowcharts. Event driven diagrams are used to present process, rule and goal dependecies.
- Inbound content: Papyrus is uniquely consolidated with its ability to capture ALL incoming content, perform machine learning classification, extract and validate business data, and execute automated business responses and initiate straight-through or user-interactive processes.
- Outbound content: Papyrus provides Digital Asset Management for all content types with the relevant administration workflows to create high-quality marketing and business content that can be delivered through all channels, such as print/mail, fax, email, web, or mobile messaging.
- Business Rules: Papyrus provides Natural Language Rule (NLR) definition for business users that can be executed in the process environment directly and reused as templates in any process. Standalone rule engine servers that have to be data-integrated by means of SOA are not required.
- Business Goals: Structured processes without goals that only need execution monitoring are an unecessary simplification. Rather than the additional complexity of adding Business Activity Monitoring, Papyrus presents and monitors goal achievement throughout the process execution.
- User Engagement: Process management is in most products a very limited routing of data entry forms from user to user by means of a flowchart. Ajax and FLEX do not improve that, but make user interaction more difficult to develop and maintain. Papyrus EYE allows the user-definition of PC-GUI like, role-specific user interfaces for the browser and thick-client.
- Social Networking: Papyrus offers RIA, chat, wikis, blogging, user configurable GUI presentation, social interaction with coworkers, all under control of the role/policy authorization and in CONTEXT with the process.
- Portal applications: Process and content management vendors have been purchasing portal software vendors in a try to provide what ISIS Papyrus offers totally consolidated and out of the box: A powerful, in-built portal server, that does not require or enable Java progamming but is managed through the version controlled WebRepository.
- Reporting & Optimization: The tightly integrated Application Analyzer provides real-time visualization of system details, such as resource utilization, server load, memory consumption, network load, detailed component response times and gathering of historical trace and log information in a central system facility.
- Execution: The node-kernel program of the ISIS Papyrus Platform is a consolidated, distributed object-relational database and transaction engine with peer-to-peer communication. That not only enables n-tier application structures but moreover server clustering designed to handle extremely high-volume, mission-critical transactions across multiple servers.
- Content delivery: Most process management products are content blind and most content products have no or limited process capability. While Papyrus uniquely consolidates both, it also provides consolidated content delivery through all outbound channels: print/mail, fax, email, web, mobile.
- Archiving: The Papyrus Platform can provide the ability to spread long-term, securely encrypted archiving with digital signature across any number of archive servers or link to most existing archive systems for content storage.
Accessibility ISIS Papyrus products are freely configurable per user role to utilize special keyboards or input devices, special output devices, as well as special display and printing fonts, such as Braille, and therefore comply with all requirements and standards related to Persons with Disabilities, such as Section 508 for the US.